How we’re Adapting to Virtual Interviewing
This is a new working environment for all of us. We are increasingly working remotely, so naturally have empathy for candidates who are interviewing remotely too. Adapting OMV’s hiring process to the current situation requires a collaborative effort across the Recruitment team and interviewers as we increase interviews in virtual formats.
Helping candidates feel comfortable enough to be their authentic selves requires a level of thoughtfulness and care that OMV works hard to cultivate. During the stress and uncertainty of a pandemic, it becomes even more essential!
For interviews that we have moved to video, we now have our Recruiting team to greet candidates virtually before the interview starts, so the candidate has all the logistical details on using video conferencing software and the chance to ask any final questions about the process.
Things to consider:
Review materials in advance: OMV recruiters send helpful preparation materials that are customized to the role and will help you prepare for the interview. You will also receive a timeline with the interview structure and the interviewer’s names and their job titles beforehand.
Prepare your device:
- Check to make sure you have a stable internet connection and that the video conferencing links that OMV’s team send you are set-up and working properly.
- Make sure that your device is charged or consider plugging it in to avoid a battery outage.
- Check the audio and video camera. You may need to wear headphones if your computer has an unreliable speaker system
- Familiarize yourself with the video platforms and their functionality:
- If your video or audio stops working, make sure you have provided a phone number where you can be reached.
Choose the right setting:
- Find a quiet, private and well-lit place to have the interview - making sure to avoid busy spaces where you cannot control the background noise or interruptions.
- Lighting is also important. When testing your video camera, take into consideration the surrounding light.
We wish you the very best of luck in your job search in the meantime!